What are cookies?
Websites make use of useful techniques in order to improve the user friendliness and accessibility of the website. The most commonly used techniques are cookies and scripts (from now on referred to as 'cookies'). Cookies can be used by website owners or by third parties, such as advertisers, who communicate through the website you are visiting.
We find it of great importance that you are aware which cookies our website uses and for what purposes. Namely because we want to guarantee both your privacy and the user friendliness of our website. Continue reading to learn more about the cookies used by, and through, our website and the purposes of these cookies.
If necessary, check the help function of your browser or use the links below, which explain how you can control cookies via your browser.
Cookies which ensure that our website functions properly.
- remembering information which you provide on our pages, like adding products to your shopping cart and the checkout screen;
- optimising the website;
- saving your preferences, like language, location, shop filters etc.;
- reading your browser settings to enable an optima view of our website on your screen;
- excluding possible misuse of our website and services.
Cookies used to track the use of our website.
The gathered information is used to create statistics. These statistics provide insight in the amount of page views, the places where customers spend most of their visiting time etc. This allows us to optimise the structure, navigation and content of our website. The statistics and other reports are not traced back to individuals.
- track the amount of visitors on our webpages;
- track the amount of time each visitor spends on our webpages;
- decide the order in which a customer visits the different pages of our website;
- decide which parts of our website require adjustment;
- optimise the website.
Cookies used to share the content of our website via social media.
The articles and videos which you have viewed on our website can be shared via social media. To ensure the functionality of these buttons, cross-border cookies of the social media parties are being used. This way you can easily recognise the buttons when you want to share an article or video.
These cookies enable:
1. Users who are logged in on the selected social media can share certain content of our website directly onto their own social media platforms.
Cookies used to show advertisements.
Cookies which allow advertisements being shown on channels such as Social Media and Google are placed on our website. We show these advertisements because, after analysis, we think these advertisements are very relevant for you.
These cookies enables to keep track:
- of the advertisements you have already seen, in order to prevent a repetitive showing of advertisements.
- of the amount of visitors who click on the advertisement, allowing us to act if the advertisement is not interesting enough.
- of the amount of orders taking place through the advertisement for the purpose of efficiency control.
Other / unforseen cookies
Because of the way the internet and websites work, it may be possible that we do not always have insight in the cookies which are placed on our website though third parties. This is usually the case when our webpages contain ‘embedded elements’. Examples are texts, documents, images our movies which are stored at a different party, but shown on our website.
If you happen to find these kind of cookies on our website, which do not belong in the aforementioned categories, please let us know. Or you could directly reach out to the third party and ask which cookies they place, why they do it, what the service life of the cookie is and on what way they guarantee your privacy.